We were invited to attend an annual celebration that we have attended the last
two years, but declined. (more on why further in post) It has been so miserably hot here, that even sitting in the shade is unbearable for long.
We missed out on a little excitement, well if you can call it excitement. Hubs,
our daughter and I had left the house to run up and get some takeout when I
get a text from our son. "the neighbors across...." that's what it said. (he
hit send before he finished typing) He didn't have to text another word, because
I KNEW what he was going to tell me. It was my fear for the last two days.
We only have one set of neighbors across (actually down the road, and
they were preparing for a week for a big party they have each year. That always
includes a big fireworks display. We have been so dry, we are under a burn
ban, and the heat has reached 95 - 103 degrees for over 10 days now.
Well he set the field directly across the street from our home ON FIRE.
Yep, fire department and all. They were testing..... I guess...... and she lit right up.
We came home right away, we were headed home anyway..... but hubs wanted
to spray down our yard, home, trees, etc. in preparation. Our neighbors
on both sides of our property were doing the same thing. You see, fireworks
are NOT illegal in our county. AND..... even though he set the field on fire, AND even though
the fire department came, AND even though that wasn't his property, apparently he broke no laws.
Go figure. :O(
So needless to say, when it finally was dark enough for this........
Hub's sat on the edge of the porch with one of these.
Funny..... but not.
OH.. and I recorded a bit of it too.
It lasted a really long time, but my arms got tired.
LOL.... about 0:34 you can hear hubs say.... "Oh she would be freaking out."
He was referring to our Yorkie Sadey that was safely tucked in bed. :O)
She is FREAKED by fireworks.
On to another (not so fun) bit of drama from earlier this week...... and another
reason why we declined the party invite.......
As some of you may already know, I keep things kinda private on the
ole blog front. I share plenty, but there's plenty I don't for the sake of
my families privacy.
Well.... about one week ago, today, my daughter
showed us what appeared to be a bug bite on her leg. It was small, but
she said it hurt. I told her to keep an eye on it. After-all, its summer,
lots of pests outside just waiting to chomp on us. The very next day, it
had swollen and filled up with you know.... that yucky yellow stuff.
We were kinda afraid to do anything with it for fear of infection. Bad
decision. The next 2 days it appeared to be better, but still not right.
By Monday morning, it was clear something was very wrong. I took
her into the pediatrician the first appt. I could get. He took one look at
it, and told us it was abscessed and she had MRSA.(staph infection)
He lanced it ( in the office) and he stated several times how
glad he was that we came in that day. One more day, could have landed
her in the hospital. She is on 10 days heavy duty antibiotics 3x's a day and her
dressing is changed using another strong antibiotic topical 3x's a day as
well. She did have a drain.... but he removed it 24 hrs. later.
Praise God she is doing really well. She can walk a lot better now.
She was hobbling around due to the pain and pressure a few days.
Her doc. told us that he is seeing this kind of thing 2-3 times a day during
the summer. Apparently MRSA is a lot more common that I thought.
It doesn't just happen to those that have been in hospital. Our girl had
a common bug bite, but something obviously went very wrong. He said the number
one thing we can do when outdoors is to wear a bug repellent.
She's mostly been hanging out indoors, But ... last night, while we were
enjoying...... and biting our nails during the fireworks display.....
we were ALL wearing....
Well.. I suppose thats enough drama to share for one post.... ha!
What's new with you?